Moving to Germany
Removal Price Guide
The estimated price range for moving cu.ft. door-to-door from to is between and .
If you have restricted access at collection or delivery please add:
£ for a UK shuttle service.
£ for a European shuttle service.
If you require packing at collection please add £
Figures assume UK mainland collection.
"Did a very good job"Efficient, careful, polite, prompt.
"Excellent removal service"Moving can be very stressful, the removers were very friendly, efficient, and helpful, a fant...
Excellent serviceGreat communication from start to finish. Excellent removals staff on all the days of our move.
Brilliant experience!They did everything well!! The chaps were very polite and very, very helpful. Nothing was too m...
"Friendly and helpful"We used Britannia Lanes as it provided a full package move. My elderly parents are invalids the...
Make the dream of beginning a fresh chapter in your life and relocating to an interesting new place a reality with Britannia Lanes. We have been providing an exceptional shipping and removal service from Cornwall, Devon and Somerset to Germany for many years. Using the latest European road-trains we can arrange multiple consignments on the same trip. If you want to move a full household or just a single item, we have it covered.
Shipping to Germany
Why not try using our Removal Price guide which will give you an estimate of the relocation costs. In most instances items will be transported by road using the Britannia Movers International fleet of European Road Trains.
For all of our customers within Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Bristol Britannia Lanes have continued to carry out removals to Europe after the UK left the EU using the Britannia Members European network. The typical documents required to move to Germany are listed below, these documents are for moving used personal and household effects on a transfer of residence basis, it does not cover second homes, motor vehicles, inheritances, or any other exceptional circumstances.
To the best of our knowledge the typical documents required for a UK resident to move to Germany are:
- Detailed inventory, one item per line, with values (these are the second-hand values not the insured values, which typically will be 60% higher)
- Proof of residence (lease document or utility bill)
- Copy of photo page of passport
- Contract of employment, if applicable
- Statement of transfer from employer stating you are an employee for the company abroad, detailing how long you have lived in the UK and that you will remain an employee of the company in Germany on moving
- Customs Form 0350
- “Abmeldebescheinigung” (change of residence notice showing how long the shipper has lived outside the EU or a letter from an employer or German Embassy confirming 12-months residency outside the EU). If providing a letter from an employer please also include the start and finish dates, if applicable, for employment.
- “Anmeldbestaetigung” (Confirmation of registration at the shipper's new residence in Germany issued by the local town hall).
- Contact form fully complete for Agent & Final Delivery address
Removal to Germany
To begin with, contact our European experts to arrange a surveyor's visit where we can discuss your requirements and begin making your dream a reality.
Emigrating to Germany
The first step for us is to ascertain your requirements and the items which you would like to relocate. Once one of our dedicated surveyors has visited your home and compiled a detailed inventory they will be able to provide a quotation and discuss your options.
Packing for Germany
Tailored to you, we can offer either a part or full packing service which will ordinarily be carried out before your items are loaded from your property. If you wish to carry out some, or all, of the packing yourself we can supply the necessary packing materials to ensure your items are protected during their journey to Germany.
Arriving in Germany
Once you have arrived, our European removals team can unload your items into the desired rooms, leaving you with only the task of settling into your new home and deciding how to spend your first days in your new surroundings.